Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's are Special

Such a Happy Mother's Day. I had a truly wonderful day today - thank you Justin and kids. A day of feeling totally appreciated and being totally spoiled! The children's presents & cards from school were very cute. I also got a book called "You're a fabulous mum!", a new purse, a bracelet and a cooking course at Spirit House (super cool-have wanted to do this for ages!). We had a real family day today. Nothing fancy, just fun, lots of giggles and lots of hugs. Here are some of my fav pics of the day.

The day was tinged with a slight sadness as this was the first year I celebrated Mother's Day without Mum or Grandma. Never easy to celebrate a special day without the special people who helped make me who I am today. On that philosophical note..........


The kids had Cross Country on Friday at school. They both did so well. Nathan asked me on the way to school if I would be proud of him if he came in last. I told him of course I would be and that I would be proud of him just doing it. He said he might have to walk some of it and I told him it didn't matter as long as he finished it and gave it his best. Well he blew me away. He ran the whole way, including the big hill and finished long before I thought he would. Chloe, as always had fun - she loves running. Here are a couple of pics of the two to of them.


That's it from me. xoxo