Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Wk 9 - What inspires me




Here is my take on Week 9 of the Deck of Me Challenge. This weeks theme: Who or what inspires you! I had to think about this one for a while before getting started. I didn't pick one particular thing as I find everything and everyone in life can inspire you to some degree and in all different areas of your life. A child suffering from Leukemia yet still able to smile is inspiring to me, a song can be powerful and inspiring, nature is inspiring, love between two people or a whole family is inspiring, friendships are precious and inspiring......this list is endless. It really makes you think about the good things in life!

Here are a couple of pics from the International Women's Day Walk. Or the "Girl Walk" as C calls it. It was very hot and a huge crowd but a lot of fun. C was adamant that she wouldn't need the pram and managed to walk about 200 metres before asking to be carried. Great! I ran back to the car to get the stroller and when I got back we were last with no one in sight so I had to run a km to catch up with the rest of the 4000 people doing the race. Mind you by the time we'd caught up, the runners at the front were approaching the finish line. LOL!! C was just so excited about it all, even the 5am wake up call from me. She thanked me for waking her so she could do it. Very cute! xoxo